As member of the team, the candidate will be responsible for supporting and maintaining servers that comprise the development, quality and production PI Systems. These PI Systems are a subset of approximately one hundred servers that comprise the complete infrastructure.
Candidate will also be involved in testing and deploying cutting edge technology and performing proof of concepts (PoC’s). Some of the PoC’s will push the PI System to the limit.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Function as a PI Administrator (monitor, trouble-shoot, perform database maintenance, etc.)
- Familiarity with network trouble-shooting utilities ex. Ping, NSLookup, Ipconfig and TraceRT
- The capacity of standing up new servers once IT completes installation of the operating system
- Familiar with the following applications and tools:
· PI Coresight
· PowerShell (able to follow and modify)
· PI to PI
· Able to create/modify a PI AF template
- Able to monitor server operation to ensure that backups are performed, identify and determine their location and move archive files from SSD to platters on some frequency.
- Able to test and determine if a network port is open. (Firewall configuration is performed by another team. )
- Install Microsoft operating system patches on a monthly or as needed basis.
- OSIsoft PI Product Suite
- PI Server
- PI Data Archive
- PI AF
- PI to PI
- PI SMT
- PI Coresight
- PI Analytics
- Network utilities
In addition to the standard work day the team members rotate weekend on-call duties